Thursday, February 21, 2008

13 Things I love about My new Home



So, I suppose it's cheating since I've already done a post on what I'd like in a house, but I'm doing another one just cause i can! Grins.

13. The sitting room. It's off the bedroom and it's so nice and big...we wander in there and just try to think about what we're going to do in there.

12. My closet...aka the Bowling Alley. It's huge. I'm going to be using it for both clothes and a gift wrapping arena. (Have I mentioned how much i like to wrap gifts?)

11. The Garden Tub & Separate Shower Stall. No longer do we have to traipse across the house to take a shower. Or, Dale & I can shower & bathe at same time (if i dont use all the hotwater!)

10. Dale has his own office down stairs. I hope to have french doors put in down there...eventually.

9. A real laundry ROOM. not a closet. not a part of the kitchen...but a real live room.

8. All the kids have their own bedrooms and they seem to love them. Can't wait to get them all decorated. We bought Elizabeth a bed at IKEA the other day but can't give it to her til we get Josh's since we promised he could have the first set. But her's was only $39!!! Marked down from 99.


7. A huge garage with plenty of room left over. It will be possible soon for me to actually pull my car INTO the garage. A Dream come true for sure.

6. A Pantry. A good sized one at that! Not a separate room, but a nice sized pantry with an oversized door on it. At the old house, had to put all the food in the various cabinets...

5. What will be a formal dining room. Before, we didnt have an eat in kitchen but did have a "dining area" ...now we have both. I can't wait to get furniture for all these things.

4. Faux Wood Blinds. Silly I know, but this house will have the faux wood blinds instead of those vinyl ones that I've had most of my adult life.

3. a Bar. Not for drinking...but separating the kitchen from eating area and from living room. I'm "inheriting" my mom's very cool bar stools and can't wait to see how they fit.

2. A Front Porch. At first I thought I wanted to put the swing on it..but now i'm seeing rocking chairs and the swing out in an arbor in the back yard.

1. Dale has his own large closet!! Before he had to use the hall coat closet for his clothes! Now he can actually organize things.

This list is not in order of importance as any one of these things is a favorite at any given time.

2 comments:

Happy Mama to Three said...

It's just beautiful. I can only imagine how much fun you are having. Cindi

Annie said...

Gina...it's a beautiful house! I am so happy for you. Congrats!