Monday, January 28, 2008

What a waste

It's not often that I read the news and get incensed about something. And it's even more rare that I'd write about in my blog...I leave that to Cindi. But this story just grated my last nerve.

Mother Charged With Infant's Death

Reported by: Duffie Dixon

An Atlanta mother is headed to jail, charged with the death of her infant.

Police said the woman was driving on Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway with the child in her lap when she got into an accident Sunday morning. The infant was killed.

The death could have been avoided, had the infant been in a car seat, police said.

Lytanza Robinson is facing charges of vehicular homicide, reckless driving, seatbelt violations and driving with a suspended license. She faced a judge for her first court appearance Monday morning.

Police said Robinson lost control of her car and hit a pole. On impact, the airbag deployed, striking and killing the infant.

Robinson was transported to the hospital but was booked in the jail sometime Sunday night.


Does that not boil your blood??? That woman was driving with NO CARSEAT and the baby in her LAP. She deserves to have the book thrown at her. I keep trying to see her side of it...that maybe she couldnt afford a car seat. But dont they give them away at various places for the people out of money? Or couldnt she have picked up one at Goodwill or a garage sale? Oh my god...I just can't imagine.

1 comment:

Happy Mama to Three said...

Poor little mite. What absolutely fries me about this is article is that this little one was the shock absorber between the mother and the accident. That little bit took the pressure from the impact and from the force of her Mother's body from the opposite direction. Who could do that to anything/anyone? Literally placing another being in harms way to protect you.

Oh God this just makes me furious. I have been following the woman who killed her child in the microwave as her trial began this week and I just to cry out. There are so many many Mama's and Families that would gladly welcome their little one into their lives.

Okay I will hush.

Cindni