Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Top List of Movies according to AFI How many have You seen?

1. Citizen Kane ---yes and doesn't deserve to be #1 in my opinion
2. The Godfather no...i know it's a sin in most men's eyes, but i've never seen it.
3. Casablanca -Yes, you realize where all those one liners you've said all your life originated from
4. Raging Bull - no
5. Singin In The Rain - yes....love it. But then i love Gene Kelly & Donald O'Connor!
6. Gone With The Wind - uh....YES. like a million times!!
7. Lawrence of Arabia - no
8. Schindler's List - yes. only movie i've ever walked out with everyone in the theater SILENT
9. Vertigo - No
10. The Wizard of Oz - YES. funny thing was my oldest daughter didnt realize that it was filmed partially in black & white and partially in color. she told me she'd only see the colorized version! LOL
11. City Lights - Yes in college. had to view it as a history of cinema class.
12. The Searchers - Yes
13. Star Wars - Yes
14. Psycho - No
15. 2001: A Space Odyssey No
16. Sunset Blvd. - No
17. The Graduate - No
18. The General - Yes
19. On The Waterfront - No
20. It's A Wonderful Life - Yes Yes Yes. over and over again
21. Chinatown - No
22. Some Like It Hot - Yes
23. The Grapes of Wrath - No
24. E.T., The Extra-Terrestrial - Yes. I remember my cousin had seen an advance screening of this movie and told me that I'd never think of the phrase PHONE HOME in the same way again. Same goes for seeing Reeses Pieces
25. To Kill A Mockingbird - Yes
26. Mr. Smith Goes To Washington - Yes same movie class. It was awesome
27. High Noon - Yes
28. All About Eve - Yes
29. Double Indemnity - No
30. Apocalypse Now - No
31. The Maltese Falcon - No
32. The Godfather, Part II - No, see #2
33. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Yes. so many great actors in their early roles
34. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Yes
35. Annie Hall - No
36. The Bridge on the River Kwai - No
37. The Best Years of Our Lives - Yes
38. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre - No
39. Dr. Strangelove - No
40. The Sound of Music - Yes and this would probably be my favorite musical. I think.
41. King Kong (1933) - No...did see the recent remake, but didnt like it.
42. Bonnie and Clyde - No, but i think i should
43. Midnight Cowboy - No
44. The Philadelphia Story - YES...and it's soooo under rated! It's my #2 favorite movie of all time
45. Shane - Yes. the ending scene with SHANE, Come baccccck.
46. It Happened One Night - Yes, I loved this movie.
47. A Streetcar Named Desire - Yes
48. Rear Window - No
49. Intolerance - No
50. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring - No
51. West Side Story - Yes. Rita Moreano was great (probably mispelled tho!)
52. Taxi Driver - No
53. The Deer Hunter - No
54. M*A*S*H - Yes
55. North by Northwest - No
56. Jaws - No. See #2...one of those movies I should have seen in my lifetime.
57. Rocky - No, See above
58. The Gold Rush - No
59. Nashville - No
60. Duck Soup - No
61. Sullivan's Travels - No
62. American Graffiti - Yes. See #33
63. Cabaret - No
64. Network - Yes, funny thing saw it just recently. Wasn't as great as I thought it would be.
65. The African Queen - Yes. liked it because of Katherine Hepburn not Humphry Bogart.
66. Raiders of the Lost Ark - Yes
67. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? - No
68. Unforgiven - Yes. DEPRESSING
69. Tootsie - Yes. love it
70. A Clockwork Orange - No
71. Saving Private Ryan - Yes
72. The Shawshank Redemption - Yes. TONS of times and read the novella
73. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Yes...Paul & Robert at their bests in my humble opinion
74. The Silence of the Lambs - Yes
75. In The Heat of the Night - No but should as it won the academy award the year I was born
76. Forrest Gump - Yes
77. All The President's Men - No
78. Modern Times - Yes
79. The Wild Bunch - No
80. The Apartment - Yes. I think this is an underrated movie too. a very young Shirley McClain and one of my all time favorite actors Jack Lemon
81. Spartacus - No
82. Sunrise - No
83. Titanic - Yes. and it kills me that she DOES let go even tho she promises not to. SHE let go!
84. Easy Rider - No
85. A Night At The Opera - No
86. Platoon - Yes
87. 12 Angry Men - No, but i want to!
88. Bringing Up Baby - Yes
89. The Sixth Sense - Yes
90. Swing Time - No
91. Sophie's Choice - Yes and it kills me every time
92. Goodfellas - No
93. The French Connection -No
94. Pulp Fiction - Yes, under protest and i didnt like it!
95. The Last Picture Show - No
96. Do The Right Thing - Yes
97. Blade Runner - No
98. Yankee Doodle Dandy - No
99. Toy Story - Yes
100. Ben Hur - Yes

I would put Steel Magnolias on the list WAY ahead of Pulp Fiction!

1 comment:

Happy Mama to Three said...

Oh I am so into the movies. I think I am stealing your list with comments and adding my own over at my blog and then it's sorta like we are having a live conversation and we can just sit here and chat and talk and cry and drink a bottle of Delicato and well you get the picture right?

I owe you an update, I will do it today I promise.

C