Saturday, July 14, 2007

An Ordinary Day

I was sitting here reading other blogs and I thought you know I COULD actually be writing in my own. The kids are in bed right now and Dale's taking a bath. I'm listening to Allison Kraus sing some bluegrass gospel type of music. An oddity for me, but I do love a few of her songs. We just finished playing dominoes with the kids. It's a good game for them but it can get trying. They care more about playing with the dominoes than the game it's self. But we're trying to play more games at night instead of watching so much television. Our repitoire isn't very large yet. Dominoes and Our First Uno game is about it. I'm looking forward to adding more kids games to our family.

Ran some errands today...had to drop some books off at the library and pay the water bill. Nothing exciting I'm afraid. Went by Mall of Georgia to pick up my contact lenses and walked around there some. Found some bargains at The Disney Store...the kids found a double dutch demonstration going on and they got to try it out. I was really impressed that all three could do it! With Joshi, I wasn't surprised. He has so much natural talent. But even little John was able to do it. I took some cute videos.

So this wasn't a very exciting blog, I wasnt very creative on a topic. But I posted and I like to keep things current. Weight Watchers is going well although I've maxed out on points today for certain!! I did try a new dish tonight which was a resolution of mine...to try new dishes. I made a Chicken Marsala on pasta that was good. Not great. But good. I lost 2.2 pounds this past week so that puts me at 283.4. Keep the faith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the loss! I think the game playing thing is a good idea. You can pick up a regular deck of cards for a buck at most only a dollar type stores and there are a lot of different card games you can teach them. The first one my mom taught my sister and I was rummy. Good for helping kids match together sets of things. Hope you have a great week.