Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Quit

I quit my job today...granted it was just a part time position, but I quit it none the less. I was working as a photographer's assistant and we went all over the Atlanta area to daycare centers taking pictures of the imps. We had them dressing up in nostalgic outfits in front of a really cool background. That part I enjoyed...but i hated the driving all over god and creation. I'd be in Union City or Canton or Rex or Alpharetta...none of these are even remotely close to where I live. It was just to wearing on my car and I hated being gone that much. So, I gave notice today. I told her I'd work today in Dawsonville but she said not to bother...but not in a bad way. My boss Kelly wrote me a very nice goodbye letter, so all was good with the world.

What a load it took off my shoulders though! I was spending a minimum of an hour to an hour and a half each way in the car. This is of course time you dont get paid for. They did pay you for gas...a whopping .18c a mile...but this just barely did cover gas. Nothing for my time or wear and tear on the car. We'll talk more about me going back to school after the holidays.

I'm going tomorrow to do one of those Marketing research studies where they actually PAY you for your opinions. This one pays $75 for 90 minutes. Not bad.

1 comment:

Happy Mama to Three said...

I'm a little sad for you but I am glad you made a decision that was good for you. I can't stand that kind of driving. It would make me utterly insane (well it would have when I was driving). Now those marketing studies that pay you are a nice thing. Have you thought about applying to be a secret shopper? If you can find one of the reliable sources you can actually make pretty good money at it and they don't make you travel very far.

I hope you have a good time at the research study.

LY
Cindi