Friday, March 09, 2007

Grandmother King's 92nd Birthday


Had a bad night. It's grandmother King's birthday...all the family met out at The Blue Willow in Social Circle...kids were in rare form. Rambunctious as all get out. Too many people around in figure positions so they could pick and choose who they wanted to mind. Then Kim tells me I'm too "mean" to them. Really hurt my feelings. I feel like I work really hard in trying to keep them disciplined and respectful. I know those kids like the back of my hand. I know what triggers them, what they're going to do if allowed to do one thing....what will follow. And it really hurt my feelings that she'd say that.

Was a cool photo op tho..Here's a good pic of the kids before the whinning commenced. The "other" child is Dawson, my cousin's son who's Elizabeth's age.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

I think way too many parents are too "easy" on their kids these days. Is why they are so many problems with them. They run unchecked and have no respect for others. I think it is good that you believe in making sure they act correctly. Sorry that your feelings got hurt. I don't really think she had any business saying anything to cause that.

Happy Mama to Three said...

You are the best Mama for your little people. They love you dearly and no one knows them as well, or cars for them as well as you do. Those with the most advice, usually have the least responsiblity for children themselves. You are not a "mean" Mama, you are not a "mean" anything. You are doing a marvelous job, look at how happy they are. That's the pride in your job as Mama. You have beautiful, happy children.

Keep it up Darlin. Ignore the advice mongers.

Love you

me