Thursday, November 17, 2005

Happy Birthday Elizabeth


She turned 6 today..and to be honest, she's been a heathern all week! But today, she made the turn around and was good at school and at home. I had a great time getting all her gifts wrapped and kinda decorating the house. I made these little signs and put them around the house...one welcoming her into the house of a 6 yr old girl...one on her chair saying, "this is where a 6 yr old girl sits" and one on her door to her room saying "this is the room of a 6 yr old girl" she seemed to really like them. Additionally, i lit all the small votive candles around the house (there are a LOT) which made for a festive air. For her birthday, we got her a Care Bear poster and a Cinderella light up barbie. From Josh & John, she got Hello Kitty stickers and scissors and a pair of cheerleader pom poms. From Granddaddy Siler & Nana Lynne, she got a Care Bear DVD. She got money from her grandmother and from Janice, so we took her this afternoon to Toys R Us and she bought a Pegasus doll. Then they all three had coupons for free dinners at Burger King, so we went there. Then home for a Strawberry Shortcake cake from Ingles.

She's really grown up in the little over a year she's been in my life (or I've been in her's)! Not just physically either! (Although she's probably grown 3 inches.) but today she sat down and read a book to me!! Now i had to help her with some words...but she READ it to me. I was very proud!

She's going to be so beautiful! I just try to instill in her that beauty isn't everything...The old addage that "beauty is as beauty does" I sooo dont want her to grow vain. But she is maturing more each week it seems. I feel she's maturing more quickly than is Joshua (who's a year older) and will probably surpass him soon.

I really look forward to growing up with her.

No comments: